Lake Usage, Rules, Fees & Permits
Rules & Regulations
To keep Beaver Lake safe, clean, beautiful, and enjoyable for residents and guests, fees, rules and regulations apply:
- Permits are required for boating and fishing
- Pets must be leashed
- Pet owners must clean up and properly dispose of waste
- The following are prohibited:
- Vandalism including graffiti
- Loudly playing musical instruments or stereos
- Feeding of waterfowl and other wildlife
- Use after dark
Violators and trespassers are subject to prosecution.
- Beaver Lake is catch-and-release only.
- A NC fishing license is required.
- A Beaver Lake fishing permit is required.
- You can fish any single day for $5. The daily permit can be obtained and paid for using the self-service box in front of the Warden’s office.
- An annual fishing permit is $10 for residents and $100 for non- residents.
- Children under the age of 16 fish for free with a permitted adult.
Acceptance of a Permit means you have agreed to the Rules and Liability Waiver set forth by the Lake View Park Commission.
- No fuel powered craft allowed.
- No daily permits are available.
- An annual permit is $10 for residents and $100 for non-residents.
- All NC-mandated safe boating practices must be followed. There must be a PFD in the boat for each passenger and everyone under the age of 16 must wear their PFD.
- All water craft, canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, etc., must be permitted.
- Asheville City laws regarding animals apply to residents and visitors at the lake or in the neighborhood. Some of these restrictions for dogs include:
- All dogs must be on leashes unless they are on your property. This includes dog walking on neighborhood streets.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets when not on the owner's property. (Bags and dog waste receptacles have been installed at the lake for this purpose while walking dogs in the park.)
- Animals may not behave in ways that constitute a public nuisance or endanger others or their property.
Violators will be asked to leave, and will be reported to the police or Animal Control Board of the City of Asheville.
- A permit is required for any dog being walked at the lake.
- Permits are free for residents and $100 per dog annually for non-residents
- Permits may be obtained by appointment with the lake Warden at firstname.lastname@example.org (cash or check only)
- Permits may be obtained by using the Mail in Permit Form.
Note: The Beaver Lake Warden is usually at the office between 4pm and 5pm on weekdays.
Use of the Park and acceptance of a Permit means you have agreed to the Regulations as well as the Liability Waiver set forth by the Lake View Park Commission: